Today I am trying out a new technique that seems to be becoming popular. It goes by many different names, but I am going to call it Watercolor Background Smooch.
- The card base is Sahara Sand with a layer of Cajun Craze and a strip of Crushed Curry over the Watercolor Paper art panel.
- Scribble Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Elegant Eggplant markers onto a zip lock plastic bag. (I used the zip lock type because the plastic seemed stronger and able to take the ‘smooching’.)
- The watercolor paper was lightly spritzed with water, and then the inked plastic bag pressed onto the paper and ‘smooched’ around. Let it dry naturally, or with a little help from a heat tool, then stamp images and sentiment from Watercolor Words with Elegant Eggplant and attach to the layered card. Add the Crushed Curry strip and some Regals Enamel Shapes to embellish.
- Another sample:
- This one uses Sahara Sand and Rich Razzleberry cardstock, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry and Always Artichoke inks, Burlap ribbon, as well as Brights and Regals Enamel Shapes.
- And the sample from the video:
- This one uses Sahara Sand and Dapper Denim cardstock, Dapper Denim, Tempting Turquoise and Watermelon Wonder inks, as well as Silver Metallic Enamel Shapes.
- Here is the video to show you step by step how to create this technique.
Please consider liking my video and subscribing to my YouTube Channel to be the first to see my new creations.
I would be happy to hold a workshop for you, or even an online ‘party’. Send me an email if you are interested.
Contact me or visit my shop to see all the new products.