This month, my classes are based on heat embossing. For a small effort, you can get a big WOW factor.
The Floating Reinker technique is a great way to add even more interest to the heat embossing.
To make it:
- Stamp the lilies on Pear Pizzazz cardstock base using Versamark ink.
- Add a strip of Basic Black DSP down the left hand side of the card front.
- Stamp the lilies on a piece of Shimmery White with Versamark ink and heat emboss with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Stamp a sentiment with Versamark and heat emboss with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Use an Aqua Painter or wet paint brush to saturate an area of the flower with water. Add a drop of Pink Pirouette ink with the Aqua Painter or paint brush and let it spread. Add more drops, one at a time to spread over the area. Add a drop of Rose Red ink to create a darker highlight. Repeat this procedure with all parts of the image, using Pear Pizzazz for the stem and Daffodil Delight for the centre.
- Allow to air dry. Using a heat tool will quicken the process, but make sure the water pools are almost dry first or you will end up spreading the ink all over the art panel.
- Sponge around the edges of the panel and attach it to the front of the card.
A little decorating on the inside …
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com