This month I am showing you how to make a Gatefold card. There are many variations, and this one is the simplest.
- Cut a piece of A4 cardstock in half so that each piece is 21cm x 14.8cm. This will give 2 standard sized cards.
- Use one of the pieces for this project.
- To create a basic gatefold, you are going to fold both sides to the middle.
- The easiest way to do this is to score at 5.25cm and 15.75cm as shown below.
- Burnish the folds well with a bone folder to create crisp edges.
- Decorate the outside panels as desired.
- Create a panel for the inside and decorate.
- Use a shape, such as a punch or Framelit to create the closure. Adhere it to the left side of the opening. Ensure that only the left half of the closure piece is adhered.
Supplies: (For this sample all Stampin’ Up!®)
- Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White
- Ink: Marina Mist,Night of Navy, Old Olive
- Stamps: Awesomely Artistic, Feel Goods
- Accessories: Lots of Labels Framelits
- The outside panels are 0.5cm smaller than the card panels – 4.75cm x 14.3cm.
- The inside panel is also 0.5cm smaller than the card inside – 10cm x 14.3cm.
- Vary the size of the panels to show more or less of the underlying base.
Click here to download a PDF file with these instructions.
Contact me if you would like further details on this project. If you have a technique that you would like me to showcase, please let me know.
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- Click here or on the side bar to get your digital version of the 2015-2016 Annual Catalogue or contact me to order your own copy today.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.