This month is a mega month for the Creative Crew Challenges on Splitcoaststampers. Usually there are 4 challenges in which each member of the design team participates. This month, there is a challenge every day – each set by one of the design team. Rather than overwhelm by putting up a challenge each day, there will be 7 challenges loaded each Sunday in August. I have participated in some of the first week challenges and will have them for you to see here later this week.
My first challenge is to use Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.
Here I am showcasing the Double Embossing Technique. This is where you can add more than one embossed image to your project. I started with a piece of Whisper White and embossed the Tiny Triangles TIEF and then embossed the square Fun Frames TIEF on it. An image from the Hostess set I Like You was stamped in the frame, coloured with Blendabilities and watercolour washed. A piece of Whisper White Organza Ribbon was coloured with one of the Old Olive Blendabilites and a sentiment from Petite Pairs completed the card. The base card is Coastal Cabana.
The process can take a little practice, but it is definitely worthwhile.
As you will have seen by following my blog there are so many ways to create beautiful projects with embossing folders. You can do simple embossing, double embossing, inlaid embossing, partial embossing, faux letterpress, embossing folder stamping, just to name a few techniques. Check out the tutorials section on Splitcoaststampers and search my blog for examples and then why not join in and see what you can do with this challenge.
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- The new annual catalogue is now available. Contact me to arrange your copy today.
- For all of August 2014, you can purchase the Big Shot and receive a FREE stamp set and matching framelit set. Visit my shop to get yours, and I will provide you with special lessons on using it.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.
- Blendabilities are your new best colouring friends. They are an alcohol based marker that come in a pack of three – dark, medium and light. There are 12 colours and an assortment of 6 skin tones. All Blendabilities are now available. Click here to check what I have made with them so far.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?