It is the beginning of a new month, an important one in the Stampin’ Up! calendar. Here in Australia, the list of products that will retire at the end of June is now available, and if you are a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, you get to see the new catalogue and order some sneak peek products. In the US, Stampin’ Up! is one month ahead. That means that their new catalogue issues to the public tomorrow. To celebrate these events, the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew Challenge for June is “Out with the Old, In with the New!” What’s speaking to you from the new catalogue or what will you miss that’s retiring? As usual, there are four parts to the challenge. I will show you my contributions over the next few days.
The first challenge is DSP/Colour Focus: “Show us your favourite colour. Try it in a colour combo you haven’t used before!”
It is very hard to select just one favourite colour, so I decided to see if I could use Wild Wasabi and Marina Mist [both favourites] together. Thanks to the Colour Coach, I was able to combine them with Early Espresso. Normally, I would not think of using blue and green like this. I stamped Wildflower Meadow in Early Espresso in Very Vanilla and embossed it with the matching TIEF. I then cut it out using an Ovals Framelit and the ‘Out of the Box’ technique to ‘free the wing’ of the bird. The base card of Very Vanilla was layered with Wild Wasabi, and then Marina Mist Core-dinations which was embossed with the Arrows TIEF and then sanded. The art panel was added with dimensionals.
Have you started looking at the retired list yet? Products are already starting to disappear. Why not visit my shop and check out the Retired List, Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack for some great bargains.
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- Grab your favourites from the retiring lists before they are all gone – Stamps and Accessories. Last date is 30 June 2014.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.
- The Occasions Catalogue only has a few more weeks before it disappears forever. Click on the link above to download a digital copy or email me to receive a paper copy.
- The Envelope Punch Board is not just for envelopes. Did you know you can make all sorts of boxes too?
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?